Toddlers, as we all know, are very wise. As such, I present further well-known toddler proverbs.
1. Fortune favours the bold enough to throw a tantrum in public
2. Hope for the best, but prepare for the screaming
3. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer…and bite them both
4. Practice makes a perfect mess
5. Don’t bite the hand…that is all – don’t bite
6. If you can’t beat ’em, throw things at ’em
7. A penny saved is a penny swallowed
8. You can’t lead a cat to water…stop trying to lead the cat
9. If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall…so both of you open your eyes and get down from the table
10. All good things must come to an end…even chocolate buttons
Not many people know, but toddlers love a good proverb. Obviously, I am aware that many of you turn to R is for Hoppit for our aspirational lifestyle guidance. As such, I felt it was my duty to compile this list of ten pieces of proverbial wisdom toddlers in the know swear by.
1. Two wrongs…are just the start.
2. Cleanliness is next to impossible.
3. Fortune favours the downright cheeky
4. Never look an angry cat in the mouth.
5. A watched mummy will eventually provide biscuits. Really stare.
6. If it ain’t broke, try harder.
7. Too many toddlers spoil the sofa.
8. Good things come to those who demand them. NOW.
9. If you play with fire, you’ll get burned. Like the last time. And the time before that.
10. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (i.e. slap each other).